Reason for "Update failed" in AVG Admin Console?

Assistance with AVG Admin, AVG Internet Security Business Edition, AVG Anti-Virus Business Edition, formally called "Network Editions"

Moderator: Moderators

Reason for "Update failed" in AVG Admin Console?

Postby sauerk » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:43 pm

I am trying to upgrade some AVG 8.5 clients to AVG 9 in the admin console. For whatever reason there is a large handful of PC's that cause an "Update failed (The connection failed)" message and they do not get updated.

I don't understand why this is, because from the server I can communicate to these workstations. Sometimes I even see (Remote administration client - update start failed (another update is already in progress)).

But 9 times out of 10 it's "Update failed"

I CAN..
Ping the workstation by name.
Access the C$ share on the workstation \\pcname\c$
Access the Admin$ share on the workstation \\pcname\admin$
Access the system event logs by using mmc to connect to workstation by name
Use pslist \\pcname to return a list of running processes on the remote workstation via the command line.

Windows firewall is turned off within our domain, as is simple file sharing.
The user that I am logged into the AVG Admin Console is a domain administrator.

So I dropped the exe file, and avgsetup.ini file to the c drive, and ran via psexec the setup /SCRIPT_FILE AvgSetup.ini and guess what... it runs forever. I checked with pslist and I have one that has been running for 2 hours 24 minutes for example.

SO, with that being said... is there any way to unintrusivly update some of these non-firewalled, domain workstations without interrupting or scheduling with the end user time for me to physically connect and do it?

I'm just trying to get the last remaining 8.5 users up to 9 at least for now since we got an email saying 8.5 was end of life by year end. I'm not so sure about 2012 JUST YET.... because a lot of new A/V software these days bring computers to their knees in using resources (CPU, Memory, Disk). Seems every new version makes the PC slower and slower, so until we can test 2012 on some of our various inventory, I'm sticking with 9 for the time being.
sauerk
AVG Know-A-Lot

Advertisement

Start Your Own Webstore - Get a FREE 14 Day Trial of Shopify!

Re: Reason for "Update failed" in AVG Admin Console?

Postby sc123 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:04 pm

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but you may have to manually un-install AVG on the workstation first. You might also have to run the AVG Removal tool, linked below in my complete un-install/re-install link.
Regards,
SC123 - Founder, http://www.AVGForums.com
-------------------------------------------------------
Complete uninstall/reinstall method | Other tools to try | Search the forums!
sc123
Forum Administrator

Postby sauerk » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:18 pm

Well it's 21 stations out of 176 I guess that it could be worse.

Most of them are at the main office, and I get in early enough I could do it manually at each terminal before they come in. As far as the ones offsite, I will have to schedule time when I can remote in to those PC's with each user I guess.

Hope 2012 is better. Hope to start that roll out Q1 2012 after we get a 2008 server datacenter license . Then I think I will spin up the AVG Server on it's own 2008 server VM, rather than it being on an XP box.
sauerk
AVG Know-A-Lot

Postby sc123 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:32 pm

sauerk wrote:Well it's 21 stations out of 176 I guess that it could be worse.

Most of them are at the main office, and I get in early enough I could do it manually at each terminal before they come in. As far as the ones offsite, I will have to schedule time when I can remote in to those PC's with each user I guess.

Hope 2012 is better. Hope to start that roll out Q1 2012 after we get a 2008 server datacenter license . Then I think I will spin up the AVG Server on it's own 2008 server VM, rather than it being on an XP box.

Definitely runs better on a more powerful box. You -could- try pushing out the un-install from AVG Admin. Sometimes that works, at least on some machines. However, I'd recommend moving to AVG 2012 ASAP. AVG 9 can't really protect the machines from current malware threats.
Regards,
SC123 - Founder, http://www.AVGForums.com
-------------------------------------------------------
Complete uninstall/reinstall method | Other tools to try | Search the forums!
sc123
Forum Administrator

Postby stephanieg915 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:20 am

Handbags are probably among the older fashion accessories throughout individual world. Many style conscious women have the necessity to undertake a classy, chic and costly synthetic leather handbag in their variety. They do know just how that item may better their total appearance when they're participating an impressive occasions. This is precisely why girls along with enthusiastic interest in fashion often try and have got trendy handbags The indian subcontinent with regard to their special events. Nonetheless, there has to be some points you'll want to keep in your mind even though obtaining popular handbags in Of india or another state. Look at the document cautiously to secure a guideline for choosing stylish girls handbags Kolkata.1.One thing you should check is the method by which your buckskin is definitely taken care of and refined. The durability of a typical girls handbags Kolkata will depend on the strategy on the handling. Real professional makers always maintain a high quality of treatment method even though doing the particular items.2.Try to find out the best supplier regarding popular handbags The indian subcontinent even though opting for the highest quality items. You will discover variety suppliers in the marketplace, consequently it may look tough to account out your right one. On the other hand, always find the well-known 1.3.Pricing is fashionable case of thing to consider while searching for ladies handbags Kolkata. Typically, the price of real buckskin handbags is extremely high. You'll need to be willing to spend adequate dollars if you want to obtain an original buckskin handbag. Therefore while shopping pertaining to stylish handbags The indian subcontinent you must spot the asking price; something way too inexpensive cannot be actual synthetic leather.4.The easiest way to uncover classy and trendy handbags in any a part of Asia is to search them on the internet. World-wide-web is an excellent source of information of different factors and trendy handbags will not be exception to this rule on Hermes belts clearance sale this make a difference. You can look on internet getting information regarding the designers associated with fashionable and expensive leather handbags. You can see the trials on the internet too and get the design according to your current would like.5.For some girls it is not very easy to buy the high priced artist buckskin handbags. Nevertheless they can take advantage of having the stylish searching handbags. You will discover reproductions associated with brand name chic handbags. The costs of such replica merchandise is cheaper than the original people and you may very easily afford them. Whilst acquiring trendy handbags Indian one must to understand replica products in order to stretch your budget with no inhibiting with all the splendor in the first bits.You can certainly test buying fashionable handbags Indian from merchants because you can find fair cost from their site. Many people specifically choose the goods through the organization and then sell for your requirements so they can offer you an inexpensive cost.Durability, good quality, and elegance; these are the basic most crucial items that you can even examine before buying females handbags Kolkata or even gents purses likewise. Of course, when you are shelling out much, you need to get the very best with the good deal usually your current searching would have been a reduction.
stephanieg915
AVG Know-A-Lot

Return to AVG Business Editions and AVG Admin