network install fails

Assistance with AVG Admin, AVG Internet Security Business Edition, AVG Anti-Virus Business Edition, formally called "Network Editions"

Moderator: Moderators

network install fails

Postby waygooder » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:11 am

Hey all,

So I am having issues with the network installer on business 2011. It used to work fine but I cannot get it to work now either by creating an install script or by pushing it out from the admin console.

If I create an install script, even a very basic one without changing any options and try to run the avgsetup.bat on the workstation a command prompt window opens for a split second and then closes where normally it would stay open for a while while avg installs. I know I have the right permissions, I am logged into the workstation with a domain admin account. Also windows firewall is off.

If I try to install from the admin console it fails almost instantly and I get this message. " Installation failed: Unable to determine AVG Agent service status on the remote host!".

My admin console is up to date and I have tried searching for these things and so far nothing has helped. Ive tried contacting avg support but a week later and they haven't gotten back to me yet..

Any ideas?
waygooder
AVG Wannabee

Advertisement

Re: network install fails

Postby Arthur » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:00 am

Have you read this post?
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1262

Or this post?
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1176
Arthur M.
Level 3 Support Technician
AAS, Information Systems Security

AVG Technologies USA, Inc.
Education, Non-Profit & Government Division
US Business Support Phone #866-201-0003
EDU,NPO,GOV Support Phone #: 866-833-5727
Arthur
AVG Know-A-Lot

Postby waygooder » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:31 pm

Haven't called yet but I have done all of the things on those pages with no success...
waygooder
AVG Wannabee

Postby waygooder » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:31 pm

I should mention that today, out of curiosity I powered up an old xp machine we had laying around and lo and behold it worked. So it appears that my problem is limited to installing on windows 7 machines.
waygooder
AVG Wannabee

Postby mlyter » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:11 pm

Any luck resolving this issue? Experiencing the same troubles here - no problem installing the agent to our Win XP machines but installation fails to Windows 7 machines.

Found a tip that said there may be issues with Windows Vista home if UAC is enabled. I know Windows 7 doesn't equal Vista home, but gave it a shot anyhow with no success.
mlyter
AVG Wannabee

Postby waygooder » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:36 pm

OK I've got the answer, called avg support and while their suggestion didn't work it led me down a path that helped me figure it out.

The problem I found was the bat looks to the current directory for the setup files but even though they are there it doesn't see them. I suspect its something to do with the way windows 7 handles that command.

Anyway to fix it I edited the AvgSetup.bat

Here is what mine looks like now. I highlighted the parts you need to change to match your server:

@ECHO OFF
REM AVG Setup Batch
IF NOT DEFINED PROCESSOR_ARCHITEW6432 (
IF %PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE% EQU x86 (
SET SETUP="\\SERVERNAME\PATHTOSETUPFILES\avg_ipw_x86_all_2011_1392a3812.exe"
) ELSE (
SET SETUP="\\SERVERNAME\PATHTOSETUPFILES\avg_ipw_x64_all_2011_1392a3812.exe"
)) ELSE (
SET SETUP="\\SERVERNAME\PATHTOSETUPFILES\avg_ipw_x64_all_2011_1392a3812.exe"
)
IF NOT EXIST %SETUP% GOTO NoSetup

REM Start AVG Setup
%SETUP% /ConfigFilePath="\\SERVERNAME\PATHTOSETUPFILES\AvgSetup.ini" %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

if %ERRORLEVEL% EQU 1 goto AvgErr
goto End

:AvgErr
ECHO Error while installing AVG
goto End

:WrongPlatform
ECHO Installation file does not support this OS platform(x86 vs x64)
goto End

:NoSetup
ECHO Missing installation files

REM Continue batch processing
:End
ECHO setup returned %ERRORLEVEL%

Change those and you should be golden.

Hope this helps some people. :D
waygooder
AVG Wannabee

Postby stephanieg915 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:04 am

This is a widespread identified fact that promotional products function perfectly for almost any business or company that wants to draw in potential customers. They might be fond of employees along with clients being a many thanks pieces of desperation that they can remember fondly the company or business plus recommend the friends and other people to use the products and services of such corporations. Quite a few businesses utilize these promotional gifts, irrespective of how large or small their particular advertising and marketing prices are. The reason at the rear of that is that they go a long way properly very well with regard to brand name identification as well as the picture of this company. As your other company rivals might also be using these promotional products, therefore it is up to your resourceful abilities and concepts utilizing the items in order that they indicate a fantastic place for your company or small business on the market. Receiving expensive promotional items may possibly don't work effectively on your organization, nevertheless utilizing them in an progressive way may lead to the growing regarding sales leads. Number of the appropriate form of promotional product for virtually any marketing strategy is usually a vital conclusion Hermes Kelly to make. The numbers of promotional products you can find are usually excellent with range and these objects can even be granted seeing that promotional gifts with the businesses andbusinesses. Even tailor made branded
stephanieg915
AVG Know-A-Lot

Return to AVG Business Editions and AVG Admin