Remote uninstall of AVG

Assistance with AVG Admin, AVG Internet Security Business Edition, AVG Anti-Virus Business Edition, formally called "Network Editions"

Moderator: Moderators

Remote uninstall of AVG

Postby NtegraIT » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:01 pm

I have a realty company who requires that each contracted agent who utilizes there network use AVG Antivirus Business Edition. The company supplies the licenses to the agents and the agents can utilize AVG as long as they are with the company. The problem we are attempting to rectify is when a agent leaves, how to remove AVG or at least the license from their system. We do utilize AVG Admin to monitor and manage all AVG installations including these agent computers, but do not see away of remotely initiating an uninstall or removing the license from the system. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
NtegraIT
AVG Wannabee

Advertisement

Start Your Own Webstore - Get a FREE 14 Day Trial of Shopify!

Re: Remote uninstall of AVG

Postby sc123 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:21 pm

NtegraIT wrote:I have a realty company who requires that each contracted agent who utilizes there network use AVG Antivirus Business Edition. The company supplies the licenses to the agents and the agents can utilize AVG as long as they are with the company. The problem we are attempting to rectify is when a agent leaves, how to remove AVG or at least the license from their system. We do utilize AVG Admin to monitor and manage all AVG installations including these agent computers, but do not see away of remotely initiating an uninstall or removing the license from the system. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

That's going to be tricky. If you pushed AVG to the workstations from AVG Admin and setup AVG on the workstations to use your own AVG Admin server for updates (default), then when they aren't in your internal network they would need to manually update to get the latest versions of the database and program. A savvy user could easily get around this by changing the settings, unless you blocked that when you installed in from AVG Admin.

The only "clean" solution I can think of is to setup AVG Admin on a server with a public IP. Then have your AVG clients connect via the public IP, so that when they leave you can still communicate with them. Then you can use AVG Admin's Installation Wizard to uninstall AVG remotely, whenever they are connected again.
Regards,
SC123 - Founder, http://www.AVGForums.com
-------------------------------------------------------
Complete uninstall/reinstall method | Other tools to try | Search the forums!
sc123
Forum Administrator

Postby NtegraIT » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:47 pm

SC123,

Thanks for the reply. Actually, all of our AVG installations are remote systems that connect to our AVG Admin server via public IP. Correct me if I am wrong, but I do not think that the AVG Admin Network Installation Wizard can remotely install/uninstall AVG installations across the Internet, only on local LANs.

Beyond that option, I do believe the easiest option would be just to remove the license itself from the remote system. Can this be done from AVG Admin? I mean actually remove the company license from the system and thus rendering the remote installation as an unlicensed installation?
NtegraIT
AVG Wannabee

Postby sc123 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:55 am

NtegraIT wrote:SC123,

Thanks for the reply. Actually, all of our AVG installations are remote systems that connect to our AVG Admin server via public IP. Correct me if I am wrong, but I do not think that the AVG Admin Network Installation Wizard can remotely install/uninstall AVG installations across the Internet, only on local LANs.

Beyond that option, I do believe the easiest option would be just to remove the license itself from the remote system. Can this be done from AVG Admin? I mean actually remove the company license from the system and thus rendering the remote installation as an unlicensed installation?

If these machines connect remotely via VPN, then yes. Otherwise, not unless you can remotely control the machine somehow.
Regards,
SC123 - Founder, http://www.AVGForums.com
-------------------------------------------------------
Complete uninstall/reinstall method | Other tools to try | Search the forums!
sc123
Forum Administrator

Postby stephanieg915 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:15 am

Is simple difficult to anticipate the latest fashions, pertaining to suppliers understanding which product design is likely to make this to the trends signifies large income. Where did they current market many might ascertain it's success and receiving any trend to the time. Handbags work just like exception to this rule, there will always be variations that can lift off simply next you have furthermore styles that just fizzle out there. 12 months Next year might find the particular beginning of some vintage models which can be however planning solid all things considered these years and connected with some new variations that ladies will appear regarding inside their selection of any handbag. Listed below are a number of the handbag designs which can be turning into very well liked.1. Handbags that contain sensitive extras. To as end up being handbags together with straps which might be braided or perhaps stitched or maybe those that are made by blending various kinds of components. A number of have manages that happen to be woven along with woven via stores. It would additionally showcase pleated patterns.2. Gemstone-colored handbags are also everything you ought to watch out for in 2011. With the palest Ruby to your smartest Dark reddish along with the darkest Pearl orange, 2011's handbags tend to be to capture the eye area of each and every person.3. Handbags which may have multiple pockets are close to. They usually take purses inside and outside that offer a lot of efficiency. This pouches positioned exterior are meant to enhance the handbag's appearance within a slight manner of embellishment.4. Handbags must have 2 ways in which you can bring them. Handbags with both addresses along with connectors include the developments for The new year. Evidently this has been in existence for quite a while currently, it will make handbags a lot more useful and exciting make use of. The straps allow you to hold the bag throughout ones glenohumeral joint while the manages let you take it up to you.5. One more sizzling craze that you surely enjoy are generally handbags which are oversized. You could have everything you need there. Be sure that you make it very well though since if you do have a modest frame, it will overpower you actually if you make it using your equip. You will need to carry a large handbag near your waist if you're not a big mounted lady.6. Those classic forms which you connect with elderly women of Hermes belts all ages are back in vogue and are turning out to be milder daily. Make sure to be the first one to exhibit the little rectangular flap bag which is certainly warm.Giraffe images are readily available village already and possesses zero inclinations to get out of style still. Expect you'll see additional most of these designs throughout the year The new year.
stephanieg915
AVG Know-A-Lot

Return to AVG Business Editions and AVG Admin