AVG Admin and MySQL

Assistance with AVG Admin, AVG Internet Security Business Edition, AVG Anti-Virus Business Edition, formally called "Network Editions"

Moderator: Moderators

AVG Admin and MySQL

Postby wmpattison » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:54 pm

I cannot get the Admin server to work ontop of a MySQL database (Windows2003 server). When I run the Deploy wizard it comes back with an error

"You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual....." and it then references "near maxValue VARCHAR(255)".

I've done a lot of work on this. I pretty sure that it's something to do with the variable names maxValue & minValue which look like reserved words (maxValue is an SQL operator). Also, I don't think it likes "localtime" being in double quotes.

Trouble is if I edit mysql.sql (even with a HeX editor) it starts to complain about missing tables.

The response of AVG UK is "we don't support MySQL". Errr guys - yes you do, it says so on all your marketing material.

Anyone any ideas??

Mark P
wmpattison
AVG Wannabee

Advertisement

Re: AVG Admin and MySQL

Postby sc123 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:00 am

From the manual:

Please note the following information before proceeding:
MySQL Server 5 uses max_allowed_packet variable to set the maximum size of one
packet. Its default value is 1048576 bytes (1 MB) which is too low for AVG Admin
Server to work properly in most cases. We strongly recommend to change this value
to at least 10 MB. To do so, follow one of the solutions below:
· Set the value for the current run only
This will apply the setting until the restart of the server occurs. Then the default
value or value from my.ini will be used again.
Note: You need to be logged as administrator with MySQL root privileges in
order to do that.
· Login to your MySQL server and run this command:
set global max_allowed_packet = 10485760
· Change Settings in the my.ini file (permanent - recommended)
This will save the settings permanently, but requires restart of the MySQL
server.
· Open the my.ini file on the MySQL server.
· Under the section [mysqld] change max_allowed_packet to the following
value:
max_allowed_packet = 10485760
· Restart the mysqld daemon or the MySQL service.

I suspect they are trying to tell you that they don't provide support for the MySQL database - which I don't believe they do. They would provide support if the issue was with AVG Admin, but perhaps they are indicated that it's on the MySQL end.
Regards,
SC123 - Founder, http://www.AVGForums.com
-------------------------------------------------------
Complete uninstall/reinstall method | Other tools to try | Search the forums!
sc123
Forum Administrator

Postby wmpattison » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:39 pm

Thanks for the the reply. Actually I did RTFM, and had made the change required to max_allowed_packet. Like I say in my original post, the problem is that in 3 places in the supplied AVG script there are table names / syntax that MySQL doesn't like. I know this to be true as I can step through the supplied script and watch it fail. I can also modify the script so it doesn't have the problem & hand craft the result into MySQL. The tables then build OK, but obviously AVGAdmin still doesn't work because the script has to run to completion as-is. The syntax issue is trivial (the supplied script uses double quotes, changing that to single works fine), and the table names that clash with MySQL reserved names could probebly be used if the script escaped them. It's frustratingly simple - but if I modify the script in any way it simply doesn't run properly.
wmpattison
AVG Wannabee

Postby Arthur » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:51 am

Hello,

How many computers are in your license? You can use the default Firebird database up to 300 computers, but I would change the logging under DataCenter>AVG DataCenter Settings>Scan results Options> to Pup or higher severity.

If you are still wanting to use My SQL you will need to use 5.1 located below at this time.

http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/5.1.html#downloads

I suggest Windows (x86, 32-bit), MSI Installer Essentials - Recommended or Windows (x86, 64-bit), MSI Installer Essentials - Recommended

Anything else let me know.
Arthur M.
Level 3 Support Technician
AAS, Information Systems Security

AVG Technologies USA, Inc.
Education, Non-Profit & Government Division
US Business Support Phone #866-201-0003
EDU,NPO,GOV Support Phone #: 866-833-5727
Arthur
AVG Know-A-Lot

Postby stephanieg915 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:40 am

If you dont previously possess a Lulu Guinness luxury handbag next you may be in all probability really missing out. Produced by Lulu Guinness herself, a common products developer, every one of the luxurious handbags echos your ex powerful personalized design, in addition to the numerous first layout suggestions she's got. Without any proper layout training actually undertaken simply by her, their Lulu Guinnesss adoration for everything vogue that is by way of thanking, with the good results the woman continues to have within the vogue business.Lulu Guinness is very well known for her trendy, modern-day handbags, in addition to the many different extras the girl designs far too, for instance umbrellas, diamond jewelry, keyrings, in addition to plastic bags. Given that establishing the organization with 1989, Lulu Guinness has developed into artist handbag manufacturer on its own, liked by many fashionistas. Using a bag inside the array to fit each and every feasible occasion, his or her definitely is one thing for everyone.A specifically breathtaking high-class handbag with the Lulu Guinness selection is the Leopard Print Substantial Haircalf Handbag, referred to as Pollyanna. Retailing on 795, that is certainly one of Lulu Guinnesss favorite bags far too, thanks to the way it can complement any kind of clothing. Having a retro encouraged perspex hold introducing the perfect number of charisma for the bag, it's good joined using a denims as well as cardigan combo, or possibly a very little dark-colored dress on the meeting. There's another sort of your Pollyanna offered by Lulu Guinness also, the industry cherry colored obvious synthetic leather bag. As being a a novice accessory your Pollyanna array, this kind of high-fashion bag is fashionable and very elegant. Made available throughout patent jewel leather-based far too, it has the famous perspex harness noticed with a lot of the bags created by Lulu Guinness.Other fantastic styles through the variety of Lulu Guinness products is the variety of clutch system handbags, particularly the particular perspex lips. Obtainable in a mixture of distinct hues, like discolored, red-colored, crimson, and also black, all the extravagance motorola clutch handbags cost 225. Because Lulu Guinness claims himself, adhere happens to be your ex particular signature, because she's this provides the two glamour and also feminity. It is been her inspiration behind actually planning to design this kind of collection of clutch system handbags, actively playing honor towards the take art work http://www.hermesbeltsbirkinkellybag.co.uk/ lifestyle the woman loves. The leading art print designer bags inside Lulu Guinness selection are iconic, together with many different bags displaying this particular print out. This Top Print out Smaller Lace Wanda bag, pricing 295, is truly one of this bags with this variety. Printed in a new black and also light tan coloring, it offers various added in extravagance variations, for example precious metal toes as well as a obvious foundation, giving it that added style. With clutch handbags and many other artist bags to complement this particular legendary art print, youre bound to be able to find the bag that matches precisely what you're searching regarding. Whether your Lips Printing Middle of the Romilly bag at 275, this Lip area Printing Little Annabelle bag at 195, the actual Dark-colored Devore Mouth area Modest Bend Sandra with 225, or maybe the Dark Devore Mouth area Little Ribbon Wanda at Two hundred seventy five, you will not end up being let down together with your invest in.
stephanieg915
AVG Know-A-Lot

Return to AVG Business Editions and AVG Admin