AVG 2011 blocking domain network logon script

Assistance with AVG Admin, AVG Internet Security Business Edition, AVG Anti-Virus Business Edition, formally called "Network Editions"

Moderator: Moderators

AVG 2011 blocking domain network logon script

Postby JaseTMG » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:35 pm

We run WinXP Pro SP3 network clients with a Windows(Samba) domain for network logons and file sharing.

When the WinXP clients logon to the network, a login script is run(//samba_server/netlogon/logonscript.bat), which maps a number of network drives on the client machines. Since upgrading our AVG Business Edition to 2011 this logon script appears to getting blocked and is not running? Therefore the clients network drives are not being connected on login.

If I uninstall AVG from the client machine the logon script then runs fine and connects the network drives.

I can manually run the logonscript after the client has logged on and the drives are mapped ok except for one drive which relies on determining the users primary group membership.

I have tried to list the "logonscript.bat" file name as an exception in the shared settings under "PUP Exceptions" and "Resident Shield -> Excluded Items" but it doesnt appear to have had any effect.

How can I configure AVG to allow the network logon script to run?
JaseTMG
AVG Wannabee

Advertisement

Start Your Own Webstore - Get a FREE 14 Day Trial of Shopify!

Re: AVG 2011 blocking domain network logon script

Postby AndreasL » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:29 am

I can confirm this and go a little bit deeper.

I install yesterday AVG2011 Business Antivirus Admin and Client on a tool server (not in a domain, standlone). I generate the client installation pack and copy it to the domain. Then I run this package on my logon server who is the domain controller. It use Windows Server 2003r2 32bit. Installation seems to fine. The client is V10.0.1153 with signature pack 424/3266.

Clients running Windows XP SP3 and have no AVG on it (yet). They are no longer to execute the logon script. It seems that the server blocks the access to it. Logon takes a long time (until to a timeout?) and after this you can map the drives by hand. This bring me in real trouble this morning- I uninstall the AVG from my logon server and clients are able to execute the batch again.
AndreasL
AVG Wannabee

Postby sc123 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:11 am

AndreasL wrote:I can confirm this and go a little bit deeper.

I install yesterday AVG2011 Business Antivirus Admin and Client on a tool server (not in a domain, standlone). I generate the client installation pack and copy it to the domain. Then I run this package on my logon server who is the domain controller. It use Windows Server 2003r2 32bit. Installation seems to fine. The client is V10.0.1153 with signature pack 424/3266.

Clients running Windows XP SP3 and have no AVG on it (yet). They are no longer to execute the logon script. It seems that the server blocks the access to it. Logon takes a long time (until to a timeout?) and after this you can map the drives by hand. This bring me in real trouble this morning- I uninstall the AVG from my logon server and clients are able to execute the batch again.

You could setup an exclusion in Tools>Advanced>Resident Shield>Excluded Items. Try it on a workstation, if it work, set it up in AVG Admin and push it out.
Regards,
SC123 - Founder, http://www.AVGForums.com
-------------------------------------------------------
Complete uninstall/reinstall method | Other tools to try | Search the forums!
sc123
Forum Administrator

Postby JaseTMG » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:21 am

sc123 wrote:

You could setup an exclusion in Tools>Advanced>Resident Shield>Excluded Items. Try it on a workstation, if it work, set it up in AVG Admin and push it out.

I have been trying some different configuration settings to see if I can resolve this. So far the only thing that appears to work is if I set the "Scans -> Shell Extension Scan" settings to exclude .bat files in the shared settings for the workstations. This appears to work on a test workstation I have tried it with but am waiting to see if works for all users on the network when they log on tomorrow morning.

If this works its not an ideal solution as it is now excluding 'all' .bat files from being checked, there should be the option to list a specific file/script to be whitelisted?
JaseTMG
AVG Wannabee

Postby sc123 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:29 am

JaseTMG wrote:
sc123 wrote:

I have been trying some different configuration settings to see if I can resolve this. So far the only thing that appears to work is if I set the "Scans -> Shell Extension Scan" settings to exclude .bat files in the shared settings for the workstations. This appears to work on a test workstation I have tried it with but am waiting to see if works for all users on the network when they log on tomorrow morning.

If this works its not an ideal solution as it is now excluding 'all' .bat files from being checked, there should be the option to list a specific file/script to be whitelisted?

Yes, you can use the "path" exclusion and just exclude that folder.
Regards,
sc123
Forum Administrator

Postby JaseTMG » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:41 pm

Ok, an update on this.

I have placed references to the logon script and logon script directory in every place I can find in the AVG shared settings for exclusion. I have also removed .bat files from the list of file extensions to scan.

Now if a user logs out of windows and then logs back in without rebooting the script runs and connects the network drives. If the workstation is rebooted before the user logs back in then no network drives are connected. This behaviour is only since upgrading to AVG Business edition 2011. If I uninstall AVG then the script works fine - so I am confident it is AVG causing the issue.

I am going to contact tech support directly to try and resolve this now as I have exhausted all my troubleshooting knowledge.
JaseTMG
AVG Wannabee

Postby sc123 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:11 pm

JaseTMG wrote:Ok, an update on this.

I have placed references to the logon script and logon script directory in every place I can find in the AVG shared settings for exclusion. I have also removed .bat files from the list of file extensions to scan.

Now if a user logs out of windows and then logs back in without rebooting the script runs and connects the network drives. If the workstation is rebooted before the user logs back in then no network drives are connected. This behaviour is only since upgrading to AVG Business edition 2011. If I uninstall AVG then the script works fine - so I am confident it is AVG causing the issue.

I am going to contact tech support directly to try and resolve this now as I have exhausted all my troubleshooting knowledge.

Let us know what you find.
Regards,
sc123
Forum Administrator

Postby AndreasL » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:02 pm

any news to this?
AndreasL
AVG Wannabee

Postby JaseTMG » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:24 pm

No its still happening.

I thought I had fixed it by manually adding to the "Exlcuded Items" settings the path to the script using the IP address instead of the netbios name of the server, it appeared to work for a day the the next day stopped again?

I sent AVG support an email but did not hear back, I will try and ring the local support number that is listed.
JaseTMG
AVG Wannabee

Postby katinski » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:11 am

Try with this :

In GPM : computer configuration -> admin. templates -> system/logon -> Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon (enabled)
user configuration -> windows settings -> scripts -> logon -> name -> \\your_computer_name_\script.vbs

where the script is :

Set objNetwork = CreateObject("WScript.Network")
objNetwork.mapNetworkDrive "X:" , "\\ip_address\share_name"

AVG and this mapping works for me ;) under domain.
katinski
AVG Wannabee

Postby stephanieg915 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:07 am

Balenciaga handbags are several of the very most hunted for immediately after bags in this world. Balenciaga handbags are manufacture using a human being of the very most respected designers in the business, Cristobal Balenciaga. This individual proven our planet associated with Balenciaga in the really early on 20th century inside San Sebastian, The world and later on distributed globally from that point. With the core 1900s, Balenciaga acquired actually distributed on the crucial urban centers involving This town and also Spain's capital and in to help London. Which consists of sought after customs, Balenciaga continuouslies create outstanding trendy bags these days.Nonetheless prior to buying the MK Handbags; you'll undoubtedly call for to determine how the site is often a true one. When you get tools from an illegal internet site, you may most likely end up in problems. That you are necessary to that due to the fact a great deal of internet sites can be found in which scam people all the instant. You need to ensure you really should definitely not be a cheater of your money.The best Timex men's watches are the Batman Jolt Pv 60 Lap A digital Enjoy T5J641, Big t Collection Fighting Dark-colored Strap T2M552, Males Natural leather Retrograde T2M422, T Selection Gents Reoccurring Calendar Aluminum Trinket T2M457, Expanding Altimeter Greyish Res Fruit Great St T41531, Men's Automobile Trinket Dark-colored Contact T2M516, Males Simple Spherical View T20041, Ironman Pv Twincept Fruit Black Resin Fs T5G691, Retrograde Dark Secure Black Dial N Orange T2M428, plus the Growing Robust Spot Black Dial Environment friendly T49626.Well well known custom,, will be planning Autumn 2012 Mercedes-Benz Style Week but he could be also prepping pertaining to exactly what can possibly be recognized as a traditional affair from the fashion place. Kors is the most recent developer visiting the Nyse for any planning open public. Mid-month once the supplying can be charged, this leads to disheartening benefits with the organization.Rosie Huntington-Whiteley utilized a new black color in addition to chartreuse leaf printing bustier dress as well as strip with black Monroe clutch i465 almost all in the Inexpensive Handbags Pre-fall The year 2013 Collection.Stitched Bags -- Some form of attached clutch i465 or perhaps mini-handbag gives a fantastic rotate for an or else significant set. Search for fantastic unique designs along with crayon-inspired shades for a refuge to help youth days and nights. This significant Fendi Embroidered Baguette will unquestionably acquire consumers off for the perfect starting.In March this season, MK released third quarter profits of economic calendar year This year: Complete Hermes belts gains enhanced Seventy.4 % to Dollar 636.Eight hundred or so, Money 373.6 000 0000 for that similar time period this year. Full price online revenue enhanced Sixty six.Eight percent for you to Money 332.6 million, a boost of Forty one.4 % year-on-year go shopping sales, from suppliers world wide web earnings greater Seventy seven.4 percent to help Dollar 274.A few 500; certificate earnings widened Fifty two.One percent to Dollar 29.8-10 thousand. Gross earnings much better by 48.Eight percent year-on-year to be able to Bucks 383.Five million, disgusting frame connected with Sixty.2 %.To provide you the goofy response of the to use over a primary day for the shoreline, I would certainly indicate that apparel tend to be subsequent to using a superb viewpoint! Nevertheless lets converse in the smart fashion, right here, everyone learn it is about what you put onto. It is apparent of which fellas take pleasure in the colour red. It really is statically confirmed that will due to the assortment from a women in a red-colored outfit, plus a females in the glowing blue dress your red-colored regularly wins. If you are planning to make a conception on your own spouse about the primary particular date go with a crimson Bardot bra covered with shoelace in addition to hot underwear.
stephanieg915
AVG Know-A-Lot

Return to AVG Business Editions and AVG Admin