Outlook plugin errors

Assistance with AVG File Server, AVG Email Server, AVG Linux/FreeBSD Editions and AVG Rescue CD

Moderator: Moderators

Outlook plugin errors

Postby sauerk » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:56 pm

Hello,
When we push out updates from AVG 8.5 to 9.0, our users experience errors in Outlook. Most of them are on 2003, but we also have some 2007 users. 2010 will be rolled out later this year.

The error they get is:
The Add-in "AVG Exchange Extention" (C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG9\avgxch32.dll) cannot be loaded and has been disabled by Outlook. Please contact the Add-in manufacturer for an update. If no update is available, please uninstall the Add-in. Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again. [OK]

We have a CRM program that also harvests information from Outlook into a dashboard - so to speak, so they don't always have to leave the program to see their inbox or tasks. It also causes this program to freeze up, and we have to unlock the user because it will boot them off without properly signing them out.

Anyway, what is the purpose of this plugin? We have just been disabling it in Outlooks Add-in manager as we get calls about it. We have Cisco IronPort which is a very robust perimeter e-mail security appliance. I feel comfortable just having that on the perimeter with AVG running in resident memory on the client PC's. That should be enough IMO. Maybe not enough for a home user, but in a business I think it should be fine. Also is this plugin any better (as far as causing system crashes) in AVG 2011? We eventually want to upgrade to that, as long as it's not more of a resource hog (every new version seems to use up more and more resources).
sauerk
AVG Know-A-Lot

Advertisement

Start Your Own Webstore - Get a FREE 14 Day Trial of Shopify!

Re: Outlook plugin errors

Postby sc123 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:27 pm

Review this thread regarding the Outlook error: viewtopic.php?t=36

As for 2011, I'd hold off on deploying it until a new version of AVG Admin 2011 is released. The November release is quite buggy. I haven't seen any issues with the Outlook AVG 2011 plug-in.
Regards,
SC123 - Founder, http://www.AVGForums.com
-------------------------------------------------------
Complete uninstall/reinstall method | Other tools to try | Search the forums!
sc123
Forum Administrator

Return to AVG Enterprise Products