Remote admin component not active.

Assistance with AVG File Server, AVG Email Server, AVG Linux/FreeBSD Editions and AVG Rescue CD

Moderator: Moderators

Remote admin component not active.

Postby Roker » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:34 pm

Admin console is fine and has been tested ok, accepts connections from other workstations and registers them.
Installed Email server edition on SBS 2003 SP2 (32 bit, fully updated) from install file avg_msw_x86_all_2011_1170a3265.exe but I cannot get the remote admin component to work. Initially an upgrade install over 9.0, to date I've uninstalled it and ran the removal tool, reinstalled but no joy. Ran a repair install, that didn't work. Removed the component and then re-added it. Still doesn't want to work. Any ideas or do I just wait for an updated install build and run that?

Thanks in advance.
Roker
AVG Wannabee

Advertisement

Start Your Own Webstore - Get a FREE 14 Day Trial of Shopify!

Re: Remote admin component not active.

Postby sc123 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:50 pm

Roker wrote:Admin console is fine and has been tested ok, accepts connections from other workstations and registers them.
Installed Email server edition on SBS 2003 SP2 (32 bit, fully updated) from install file avg_msw_x86_all_2011_1170a3265.exe but I cannot get the remote admin component to work. Initially an upgrade install over 9.0, to date I've uninstalled it and ran the removal tool, reinstalled but no joy. Ran a repair install, that didn't work. Removed the component and then re-added it. Still doesn't want to work. Any ideas or do I just wait for an updated install build and run that?

Thanks in advance.

I would open a ticket with AVG. They will be able to assist using various log files.
Regards,
SC123 - Founder, http://www.AVGForums.com
-------------------------------------------------------
Complete uninstall/reinstall method | Other tools to try | Search the forums!
sc123
Forum Administrator

Postby Roker » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:49 am

Already done thanks. Awaiting response to the log files being sent.
Roker
AVG Wannabee

Postby Roker » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:37 pm

Response (and resolution!) to the logs being sent received today.
For future reference:
No c:\$avg directory present. Deleted the d:\$avg directory, and rebooted the server. c:\$avg recreated and problem resolved. Seems it didn't like the $avg folder being on the second partition. Why it was there rather than c:\ I have no idea.
Roker
AVG Wannabee

Return to AVG Enterprise Products