Configuring to Allow Windows Remote Desktop

Assistance with AVG Internet Security and AVG Internet Security Home Edition

Moderator: Moderators

Configuring to Allow Windows Remote Desktop

Postby madjack » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:52 pm

Despite all my efforts, I've been unable to successfully configure the AVG firewall to allow Remote Desktop connections on my desktop computer. Here's what I did:

1) Set Small home or office network as my network profile
2) Ensured the LAN range was in the Safe Network; i.e. 192.168.1.0/24
3) I set Service | Remote Desktop server to Allow for Safe (and also tried Allow for All) (That service is badly named as Microsoft does not call it Remote Desktop server, just Remote Desktop)

However, every attempt to connect from my Vista notebook on the LAN to Windows 7 desktop on the LAN failed with a FilterDevice log message saying the attempt was blocked.

However, as soon as I disable the AVG firewall and re-enable the Windows 7 firewall, I'm able to connect via Remote Desktop.

I've been working with hardware/software firewalls for years. I pity the poor consumer who buys AVG Internet Security who tries to get this to work! You really should make this easier.

(BTW, searching help for Remote Desktop yields no information.)

Any ideas?

Jack
madjack
AVG Wannabee

Advertisement

Web Hosting

Re: Configuring to Allow Windows Remote Desktop

Postby sc123 » Sat May 01, 2010 6:08 pm

Try opening the default port which is TCP 3389.
Regards,
SC123 - Founder, http://www.AVGForums.com
-------------------------------------------------------
Complete uninstall/reinstall method | Other tools to try | Search the forums!
sc123
Forum Administrator

Re: Configuring to Allow Windows Remote Desktop

Postby stephanieg915 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:13 am

The brand new creation kids possess the dependency for pretty much just about every fresh device launched available in the market like Android pills, tunes players, I-pads. However as reported by the bulletins made by the particular FAA standing for Fed Aviation Operations, among the key obstacles ( road blocks) encountered through the repeated air flow tourists could be the prohibit for the usage of personal gadgets just like Android mobile phone pills, tunes participants, I-pads in the course of landings and also take-offs. Even though Federal aviation administration will be constantly assessment and driving discussions for the very same problems, this procedure of exams are deeply, strong, high-priced, occasion ""consuming, intense and sophisticated.Electronic Hermes belts trip bags usually are e-display systems using proper built-in software program as well as the hardware employed fundamentally in flight outside patio's. Many people screen the complete significant flying data source along with can the many simple computing like determining petrol use, temperature outlook in addition to specified various other effectiveness info. These kind of information that had been conducted on paper just before have got the shape of gadgets today. In other words precisely what had been upon pencil along with newspaper may be changed drastically simply by these units. Various technology, innovations as well as types of interaction are employed with the actual physical Digital airfare bags placed on view systems.An EFB qualification has to an digital flight bag hosting often form Some sort of as well as type N or even the two computer software. The particular airline flight bags feature a distinct device created in a clean manner. This gives the idea the ruggedized glimpse. The particular EFBs are offered an easy to use then one handed functioning appear. The looks provided to these individuals thus can make a perfect option for almost any I-pad or even Whole world pill EFBs. The podium made use of by the automated air travel bags decreases or maybe replenishes totally, paper-based material which can be common within the airfare bag of a initial such as the instructions in airplane operations, flight-crew procedure in addition to particular navigational chart along with routes. Also, the particular EFB can easily sponsor applications designed with a certain goal to perform some other operates usually. The name of EFBs originates from the traditional pilot's flight bag, moved to your cabin. This automated flight bag restores these books in the digital format. Some great benefits of having an EFB usually are beyond any doubt, certain benefits according to the operations measurement, application- variety utilised. This bags furthermore are the reason for security. These bags turn into excellent amalgam associated with protection along with a ways of conserving paper, guarding bushes therefore mother nature most importantly.
stephanieg915
AVG Know-A-Lot

Return to AVG Internet Security