Problems with Steam

Assistance with AVG Anti-Malware, legacy ewido and AVG Anti-Spyware applications

Moderator: Moderators

Problems with Steam

Postby Furr » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:44 am

Hello,

i recently upgrading from AVG Anti-Virus Version 7.5 to 8.0 the installation was a success but the problem i've been having is quite strange. the problem appears to happen when i enter a Server and download a Map then try to fully connect and enter. the game crashes and comes up with an error Internal driver error in IDirect3DDevice9::Present(). though it's connected with DirectX some users say it's likely due to AVG somehow. i don't know but i think AVG maybe scanning a file or something as some advanced user have said. they say uninstall AVG and go with AVAST! or AntiVir. i am a big fan of AVG and AVAST! i have used both in the past. now that i am playing CSS(Counter:Strike Source) i keep coming up with this error. i have tried replacing my Video Card and placing it back in, reinstalling both Omega ATI Drivers and ATI Drivers and nothing seems to work. can't be my card as it runs fine. the error doesn't happen all the time but it does happen now and then. i have also tried updating DirectX and still... nothing. please, if you have any advice please give it to me. Thanks!

Specs:

Microsoft Windows Xp Professional Xp Sp2
AMD Athlon 64 3500+ (Stocket 939)
ASUS A8V-XE Motherboard
Western Digital 80GB IDE HDD
1GB (2X 512MB Dual Channel)
Sapphire ATI X1650 256MB DDR3 PCI-E
Furr
AVG Wannabee

Advertisement

Start Your Own Webstore - Get a FREE 14 Day Trial of Shopify!

Postby sc123 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:33 am

I doubt this is caused by AVG, but it's possible. Try disabling the resident shield when you play and see if that resolves the issue. If the error still occurs, the issue is something else.
Regards,
SC123 - Founder, http://www.AVGForums.com
-------------------------------------------------------
Complete uninstall/reinstall method | Other tools to try | Search the forums!
sc123
Forum Administrator

Return to AVG Anti-Malware