AVG 8.0

Assistance with AVG Anti-Malware, legacy ewido and AVG Anti-Spyware applications

Moderator: Moderators

AVG 8.0

Postby mickey mouse » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:25 pm

Where do i start....i've just had this 2 days and have yet to get it to work, everytime i run the scan whole computer, it freezes up when it gets to certain files.
2 examples-_defaul.pif, removed it to my recycle bin, next was Zapotec.bmp, completely removed that.
On the next scan it froze on a file which is an integral part of the os (xp).
How can they release such a buggy program, it's not surprising there tech support is overloaded.
I'm going to have to re-install my old version, and if this is not sorted soon i'll be getting in touch with my cc company for a refund.
mickey mouse
AVG Wannabee

Advertisement

Web Hosting

Postby sc123 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:09 pm

Personally I think AVG 8.0 was released a bit early. AVG is working hard to fix the bugs. I'd expect an update soon.

If you can delete those files and remove them from your recycle bin then I would try that before reverting to 7.5. I would also suggest using a program like CCleaner to clean temp files. This will remove various junk from your system and decrease your scan time.
Regards,
SC123 - Founder, http://www.AVGForums.com
-------------------------------------------------------
Complete uninstall/reinstall method | Other tools to try | Search the forums!
sc123
Forum Administrator

Postby mickey mouse » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:32 am

Thankyou for your kind reply and honesty, i do agree with you that it was released too early.
I have already put 7.5 back on, i'll just use my ad-aware for the time being.
If you could post when they have done the update that would be most helpful, i'll pop back every so often to see.
mickey mouse
AVG Wannabee

Return to AVG Anti-Malware