Need an 8.0 update CD

Assistance with AVG Anti-Malware, legacy ewido and AVG Anti-Spyware applications

Moderator: Moderators

Need an 8.0 update CD

Postby bobberles » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:40 pm

I bought AVG Anti-Malware 1 License (2 years) on 20 Jun 07. It's working very well. Recently I noticed an 8.0 update is available, so I followed the directions and tried to download it. Lotsa luck! I got to about the 95% point and lost my connection each time.

I live in the wilds of Arkansas where we're lucky to have electricity, let alone broadband. And that download is 67 MB, which takes 6 or 7 hours - if I'm lucky. Which I wasn't. Three times!

So I would like to get a CD for the update, like I did last year for the first install. Maybe I'm dumb, but trying to get a response from Grisoft is hopeless.

So here I am. Can anyone tell me how to contact someone in Grisoft so that I could order the CD? I would be very grateful.

Bob
bobberles
AVG Wannabee

Advertisement

Postby sc123 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:43 am

You'd get your CD faster by asking a friend to burn you one. It's just going to be the file from the AVG.com site on a CD anyway. You could even go to a public library or something and put the file on a USB key.
Regards,
SC123 - Founder, http://www.AVGForums.com
-------------------------------------------------------
Complete uninstall/reinstall method | Other tools to try | Search the forums!
sc123
Forum Administrator

Return to AVG Anti-Malware