AVG email scanner trying to send email

Assistance with AVG Anti-Malware, legacy ewido and AVG Anti-Spyware applications

Moderator: Moderators

AVG email scanner trying to send email

Postby oma53 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:05 am

My firewall keeps reporting that AVG email scanner is trying to send an email. This has never happened before and has just started.
I have AVG 8.0.169 which states it is the current version. All of my security is up to date.
Is this normal?
Thank you.
oma53
AVG Know-A-Lot

Advertisement

Postby oma53 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:25 am

This is trying to send mail approx every 4 minutes now. Is there any way to check what it is trying to send? I am concerned about a keylogger sending out information.
oma53
AVG Know-A-Lot

Postby oma53 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:04 am

Now my firewall is stating that the email scanner is trying to “transmit email messagesâ€
oma53
AVG Know-A-Lot

Postby sc123 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:32 am

This is normal, as the AVG E-Mail scanning engine actually is sending the E-Mail. If it works, I wouldn't worry about it.
Regards,
SC123 - Founder, http://www.AVGForums.com
-------------------------------------------------------
Complete uninstall/reinstall method | Other tools to try | Search the forums!
sc123
Forum Administrator

Postby oma53 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:42 pm

Could I please ask one more question?
Please understand I am not trying to argue the point, but I have concerns.
I have had AVG 8.0 since it came out and prior to that I had AVG for about 2 years.
I do understand that AVG will sometimes send mail, for example if an email fails to deliver, it will inform you of that fact or a fresh install of the firewall will bring up the request.
When the situation arose on my system, I had not sent any emails out for a couple of days. All of a sudden I was bombarded with request about every 4 minutes to transmit an email message. I finally had to shut the computer off. The next day, I contacted tech support from my ISP to ask them some questions concerning this issue and inquire if my system had been sending out a abnormal amount of email. While on the phone I accidentally clicked “yesâ€
oma53
AVG Know-A-Lot

Return to AVG Anti-Malware