TRL.exe malware issue

Assistance with AVG Anti-Malware, legacy ewido and AVG Anti-Spyware applications

Moderator: Moderators

TRL.exe malware issue

Postby CelestiaA » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:04 am

I'm having trouble installing the Tomb Raider Legend game. I've used AVG (bought version) for years and haven't encountered a problem with this game on previous computers. However, when I've tried to install this game recently, AVG flags the TRL.exe file up as 'known malware' and advises I quarantine it. I'm rather nervous about overriding AVG's quarantine advice, but I can't find mention of the problem under known false positives. Equally, I can't find reference to this issue via search engines.
The game is a shop bought disk and isn't a dodgy copy. I was hoping someone here might have some insight into this issue... I've attached a screenshot of the AVG screen. Any ideas folks?
Attachments
AVG screenshot.jpg
AVG screenshot.jpg (37.45 KiB) Viewed 1784 times
CelestiaA
AVG Wannabee

Advertisement

Re: TRL.exe malware issue

Postby sc123 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:08 pm

CelestiaA wrote:I'm having trouble installing the Tomb Raider Legend game. I've used AVG (bought version) for years and haven't encountered a problem with this game on previous computers. However, when I've tried to install this game recently, AVG flags the TRL.exe file up as 'known malware' and advises I quarantine it. I'm rather nervous about overriding AVG's quarantine advice, but I can't find mention of the problem under known false positives. Equally, I can't find reference to this issue via search engines.
The game is a shop bought disk and isn't a dodgy copy. I was hoping someone here might have some insight into this issue... I've attached a screenshot of the AVG screen. Any ideas folks?

If you're sure the game is legit and safe, you could temporarily disable AVG while you install it, then scan your computer to see if AVG detects any new threats. If not, joy!
Regards,
SC123 - Founder, http://www.AVGForums.com
-------------------------------------------------------
Complete uninstall/reinstall method | Other tools to try | Search the forums!
sc123
Forum Administrator

Return to AVG Anti-Malware