Blue Screen Crash (in win xp regular mode only)

Assistance with AVG Anti-Malware, legacy ewido and AVG Anti-Spyware applications

Moderator: Moderators

Blue Screen Crash (in win xp regular mode only)

Postby ky_yaege » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:41 pm

Hi,

I'm running win XP home on an HP pavillion slimline s7617cPC. When I attempt to run a scan (either automatic or manual) using the most recent version of AVG Anti-virus (free version), the computer experiences a blue screen crash. However, when I run the computer in safe mode, and run the line scan with AVG the scan runs properly. No threats or viruses are identified by AVG when running in safe mode. The only other operation that causes this type of crash on my system is a "merge existing pdf" operation using Acrobat 8. I suspect that this is a RAM issue, but am not certain. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
ky_yaege
AVG Wannabee

Advertisement

Start Your Own Webstore - Get a FREE 14 Day Trial of Shopify!

Re: Blue Screen Crash (in win xp regular mode only)

Postby sc123 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:52 pm

ky_yaege wrote:Hi,

I'm running win XP home on an HP pavillion slimline s7617cPC. When I attempt to run a scan (either automatic or manual) using the most recent version of AVG Anti-virus (free version), the computer experiences a blue screen crash. However, when I run the computer in safe mode, and run the line scan with AVG the scan runs properly. No threats or viruses are identified by AVG when running in safe mode. The only other operation that causes this type of crash on my system is a "merge existing pdf" operation using Acrobat 8. I suspect that this is a RAM issue, but am not certain. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

See disclaimer at bottom of each page.
Regards,
SC123 - Founder, http://www.AVGForums.com
-------------------------------------------------------
Complete uninstall/reinstall method | Other tools to try | Search the forums!
sc123
Forum Administrator

Return to AVG Anti-Malware