Update General Error

Assistance with AVG Anti-Virus 2012 and AVG Anti-Virus 2013 Free Edition.

Moderator: Moderators

Update General Error

Postby blackhawkgg » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:36 am

I've been using AVG Free edition for many years and had absolutely no problems .... until.... 2013 edition. The problem is that I keep getting an "General Update error". I have searched and searched for a resolution, tried many if not all the suggestions to resolve the problem (Uninstall/Reinstall etc) without joy. :evil: :evil: All in all AVG2013 is crap, and of course, I keep getting prompted to upgrade to the paid version THINK AGAIN, why should I pay for something not to work, I'd rather ditch AVG and buy some other virus protection as I now have a computer with very little or maybe worse, no protection at all. All the suggestions posted so far DO NOT WORK!! Also I found the update file (with hours of searching for it) for the free edition and downloaded it and tried to update using the option to update via directory and...... you guessed it, AVG won't even update that way. HELP!!!!!!!

FYI - I am running Vista 32 bit
blackhawkgg
AVG Wannabee
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:43 am

Advertisement

Re: Update General Error

Postby sc123 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:28 am

blackhawkgg wrote:I've been using AVG Free edition for many years and had absolutely no problems .... until.... 2013 edition. The problem is that I keep getting an "General Update error". I have searched and searched for a resolution, tried many if not all the suggestions to resolve the problem (Uninstall/Reinstall etc) without joy. :evil: :evil: All in all AVG2013 is crap, and of course, I keep getting prompted to upgrade to the paid version THINK AGAIN, why should I pay for something not to work, I'd rather ditch AVG and buy some other virus protection as I now have a computer with very little or maybe worse, no protection at all. All the suggestions posted so far DO NOT WORK!! Also I found the update file (with hours of searching for it) for the free edition and downloaded it and tried to update using the option to update via directory and...... you guessed it, AVG won't even update that way. HELP!!!!!!!

FYI - I am running Vista 32 bit


If you hate it that much, use something else.
Regards,
SC123 - Founder, http://www.AVGForums.com
-------------------------------------------------------
Complete uninstall/reinstall method | Other tools to try | Search the forums!
User avatar
sc123
Forum Administrator
 
Posts: 2095
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:50 pm
Location: Virginia, USA

Re: Update General Error

Postby blackhawkgg » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:08 am

I only hate so much because NOBODY can give me an answer that works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It would be good if someone actually stood by their product and ACTUALLY did something about it!????

GIVE ME AN ANSWER THAT WORKS AND I'D BE HAPPY
blackhawkgg
AVG Wannabee
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:43 am

Re: Update General Error

Postby sc123 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:35 pm

blackhawkgg wrote:I only hate so much because NOBODY can give me an answer that works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It would be good if someone actually stood by their product and ACTUALLY did something about it!????

GIVE ME AN ANSWER THAT WORKS AND I'D BE HAPPY


I wonder if you realize a few things:
1- We're not AVG.
2- You're using the free product, so any support you get is complimentary and I'm not sure why you're expecting the kind of service you get from a paid subscription.
3- Yelling and complaining is no way to get support from any community.
4- Try this: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1177
Regards,
SC123 - Founder, http://www.AVGForums.com
-------------------------------------------------------
Complete uninstall/reinstall method | Other tools to try | Search the forums!
User avatar
sc123
Forum Administrator
 
Posts: 2095
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:50 pm
Location: Virginia, USA

Re: Update General Error

Postby blackhawkgg » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:24 pm

Yes I realize that this not AVG, but tell me this, why then when clicking on "support" does it send me straight here?
Secondly, If you put you put a product out there, free or otherwise, particularly this kind of product, surely some of level of support should be available, or at least decent suggestions that work.
Thirdly, are you trying to say that just because I am running the free version, I don't deserve any help ........... now that's no way to even expect to sell a product (paid version that is), if I was using a "trial" version, the level of support I have received so far would be expected!!
blackhawkgg
AVG Wannabee
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:43 am

Re: Update General Error

Postby sc123 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:19 pm

blackhawkgg wrote:Yes I realize that this not AVG, but tell me this, why then when clicking on "support" does it send me straight here?
Secondly, If you put you put a product out there, free or otherwise, particularly this kind of product, surely some of level of support should be available, or at least decent suggestions that work.
Thirdly, are you trying to say that just because I am running the free version, I don't deserve any help ........... now that's no way to even expect to sell a product (paid version that is), if I was using a "trial" version, the level of support I have received so far would be expected!!


Please post a screen shot of the support link you clicked that brought you directly to this forum. We've never seen that, or heard of it.
Regards,
SC123 - Founder, http://www.AVGForums.com
-------------------------------------------------------
Complete uninstall/reinstall method | Other tools to try | Search the forums!
User avatar
sc123
Forum Administrator
 
Posts: 2095
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:50 pm
Location: Virginia, USA

Re: Update General Error

Postby stephanieg915 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:00 am

The globe is loaded with business people and the folks who suffer from anxiety about marketing careers they need to stop by at different towns, urban centers and in many cases countries for couple of days that ought to even be a one nights established visit. To make sure they need to have a kind of bag which needs to be quickly taken care of and so for the children there is special kind of Dunlop bags that any great innovation to assist whose individual who needs these people.The Dunlop bag is easily transportable and can be dealt with by simply hands because they offer much less spThe globe is loaded with business people and the folks who suffer from anxiety about marketing careers they need to stop by at different towns, urban centers and in many cases countries for couple of days that ought to even be a one nights established visit. To make sure they need to have a kind of bag which needs to be quickly taken care of and so for the children there is special kind of Dunlop bags that any great innovation to assist whose individual who needs these people.The Dunlop bag is easily transportable and can be dealt with by simply hands because they offer much less space to maintain thing while you just keep a few linen in it plus some critical equipment which you require in your life. These kind of bags can also be utilized institution in addition to school bags when they manage to maintain major ebook within it. These are include things like first leather-based products that you simply already know is certainly one essentially the most trusted products for keeping anyone issue as they keep your points protected from normal water and also other pests which in turn mess up these.History regarding Dunlop bagsThe Dunlop bags tend to be consisted largely for that sports activities men who have to keep their taking part in instruments inside and may carry it any where for example for anyone who is cricket gamer then you've and keep helmet, gloves and other patches and so forth in order that they provide you vast room enemy all those things. Hermes Birkin The particular Dunlop bags is actually activities dependent British isles manufacturers that was expose throughout 1928 especially to the activities like tennis games, potatoes and also golfing. The particular Dunlop bags less complicated used by the actual renowned players within Seventies to Eighties yet after that it are more are usually in market.Dunlop bags can also be useful for the people who each day exercise with fitness center they're able to keep their work gloves and normal water jar which they require across the determine it's also possible to help you stay handkerchief inside to take out the sweating which had been bring about as a result of heavy exercising.ace to maintain thing while you just keep a few linen in it plus some critical equipment which you require in your life. These kind of bags can also be utilized institution in addition to school bags when they manage to maintain major ebook within it. These are include things like first leather-based products that you simply already know is certainly one essentially the most trusted products for keeping anyone issue as they keep your points protected from normal water and also other pests which in turn mess up these.History regarding Dunlop bagsThe Dunlop bags tend to be consisted largely for that sports activities men who have to keep their taking part in instruments inside and may carry it any where for example for anyone who is cricket gamer then you've and keep helmet, gloves and other patches and so forth in order that they provide you vast room enemy all those things. Hermes Birkin The particular Dunlop bags is actually activities dependent British isles manufacturers that was expose throughout 1928 especially to the activities like tennis games, potatoes and also golfing. The particular Dunlop bags less complicated used by the actual renowned players within Seventies to Eighties yet after that it are more are usually in market.Dunlop bags can also be useful for the people who each day exercise with fitness center they're able to keep their work gloves and normal water jar which they require across the determine it's also possible to help you stay handkerchief inside to take out the sweating which had been bring about as a result of heavy exercising.
stephanieg915
AVG Know-A-Lot
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:06 am


Return to AVG Free Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron