can't accept settings in General "AVG Settings" Window

Assistance AVG's PC Tuneup application.

Moderator: Moderators

can't accept settings in General "AVG Settings" Window

Postby arranhardy1991 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:36 am

I think this is due to my screen resolution but i'm unable to accept ANY settings in the 'AVG Settings' window found on the PC Tuneup 'settings' tab/'program settings' window. There isn't an apply, ok, accept, cancel button... see pic below.

This only occurs on this window, can use all the features, but I can't tick any boxes to allow avg to start with windows, and also i can't save the system restore tick boxes, closing the window via [X] doesn't save the store the settings.

Many thanks

Arran
arranhardy1991
AVG Wannabee

Advertisement

Web Hosting

Re: can't accept settings in General "AVG Settings" Window

Postby sc123 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:40 pm

Try pressing "Enter" on your keyboard. That usually is the same as clicking "OK". If that doesn't work, try increasing your screen resolution.
Regards,
SC123 - Founder, http://www.AVGForums.com
-------------------------------------------------------
Complete uninstall/reinstall method | Other tools to try | Search the forums!
sc123
Forum Administrator

Postby arranhardy1991 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:13 am

Hello, I have tried pressing enter on all dialogues and check boxes, this doesn't work. Also the resolution is set at the highest setting. I've also tried uninstalling and re-installing but this doesn't render the problem. I need a solution which isn't simple lol. it's something that's bugging me because I've paid for the program but it won't do what it's supposed to.
arranhardy1991
AVG Wannabee

Postby sc123 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:27 am

arranhardy1991 wrote:Hello, I have tried pressing enter on all dialogues and check boxes, this doesn't work. Also the resolution is set at the highest setting. I've also tried uninstalling and re-installing but this doesn't render the problem. I need a solution which isn't simple lol. it's something that's bugging me because I've paid for the program but it won't do what it's supposed to.

Well there's no way that I know of to change the size of the dialog boxes in AVG. I would go to your computer's manufacturer's website and look for an updated video card driver to install. If you can't increase the resolution, then I don't know what to tell you.
Regards,
SC123 - Founder, http://www.AVGForums.com
-------------------------------------------------------
Complete uninstall/reinstall method | Other tools to try | Search the forums!
sc123
Forum Administrator

Return to AVG PC Tuneup