AVG 2011 PC Analyzer

Assistance AVG's PC Tuneup application.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: AVG 2011 PC Analyzer

Postby kevin551 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:00 pm

This is very much an unwanted 'feature'.
I now know what this is and can ignore it. But the other users on the computers I have installed AVG on will see these errors and assume it is virus 'scareware'. This has the exact opposite effect of creating trust in AVG as a safe program to use. I will have to look for a new anti - virus program to use if this feature is not removed soon.

The ignore state checkbox for pc analyser seems to be worthless.
I have renamed the folder PCTuneup which prevents PC analyser from initialising. So it can't be run.
But the only sensible solution is for AVG to remove this
kevin551
AVG Wannabee

Advertisement

Start Your Own Webstore - Get a FREE 14 Day Trial of Shopify!

Postby sc123 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:56 pm

kevin551 wrote:This is very much an unwanted 'feature'.
I now know what this is and can ignore it. But the other users on the computers I have installed AVG on will see these errors and assume it is virus 'scareware'. This has the exact opposite effect of creating trust in AVG as a safe program to use. I will have to look for a new anti - virus program to use if this feature is not removed soon.

The ignore state checkbox for pc analyser seems to be worthless.
I have renamed the folder PCTuneup which prevents PC analyser from initialising. So it can't be run.
But the only sensible solution is for AVG to remove this

I agree with you, but just in case everyone didn't already know - if you right click PC Analyzer in the AVG user interface and click "Ignore the state of this component" it will not prompt you at all - which is almost as good as it not being there.
Regards,
SC123 - Founder, http://www.AVGForums.com
-------------------------------------------------------
Complete uninstall/reinstall method | Other tools to try | Search the forums!
sc123
Forum Administrator

Postby cyberdyne » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:27 am

Rather frustratingly and reluctantly, I renewed last week.
I hope I don't regret my decision.
cyberdyne
AVG Know-A-Lot

Postby JustinLloyd » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:57 pm

I'm currently also in the same boat. I use AVG IS at home (five licenses though will need to upgrade to eight soon) and also at work, on about 120 desktops. Have been a loyal supporter since 2004-ish and recommended it to many friends and family members and client companies when I was doing consulting. I've probably installed the paid for version on servers, desktops and laptops more than four hundred times.

My personal license expires in August of this year and the corporate in September/October. Because of the addition of "Family Safety," "LiveKive," "PC Analyzer," and the "Security Toolbar" with no way to remove them or disable their installation and no way to shut off the corporate up-sell in the control panel I am having to re-evaluate both my personal anti-virus/firewall software options and also the corporate one too.

I'm the key decision maker and have the power to sign the cheque on where the money goes so its kind of a bummer that this is what AVG is becoming. I'm going to hang in there until August to see if these issues are rectified but right now I am not holding out much hope that this will get fixed in time. I currently have one of my team evaluating other options, one of them being Avast! as it appears to offer the ability to do completely custom installs with a little tweaking of the installer scripts.

So what are you going to do about it AVG? Will you continue to cram in the up-sell for unwanted products on a product already paid for or will you listen to your customers and remove these (by default) on the commercial version of your software?
JustinLloyd
AVG Wannabee

Postby barnestah » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:09 pm

This PC analyzer is just utter nonsense I keep my system as clean as poss using c/cleaner on my SSD. yet it says i have 19 errors, 7 junk files, 24% fragmentation, 23 broken short cuts. BS!!
I hope they remove this rubbish money making scam ASAP! I hate programs trying to con me into spending my hard earned cash on some lying piece of software that i do not need and can get a perfectly good free one.

Rant over..
barnestah
AVG Wannabee

Previous

Return to AVG PC Tuneup